Professional Audio Setup – Why does sound matter so much in live events? Although it may seem apparent, this is one of the most important things to ask when organising a live performance. Poor audio quality is a certain way to disappoint your listeners. For this reason, mastering the art of audio creation is crucial.
It might seem intimidating if you’re unfamiliar with the field of professional event audio. However, be at ease! Starting off doesn’t need you to be an experienced audio specialist. When it comes to organising your next event and determining your sound rental requirements, knowing the fundamentals will put you in the right direction.
Why is Sound the most important element of any live event?
For ages, sound has been essential for humans to understand the world. Our hearing has evolved to help us communicate, move around, and sense our surroundings. Sound is a fundamental part of our human journey. It’s what ties us to specific moments and locations.
Professional sound systems serve as the beating heart of these events. While stunning videos and visuals catch our eyes, it’s the incredible sound that truly transports us somewhere else.
What is a sound system?
Sound systems consist of electronic gear like microphones, amplifiers, loudspeakers, and more. Their job is to make voices, sounds, or music louder. The quality of the audio equipment can differ based on the parts used. However, professional audio setups are specially designed to provide top-notch sound and performance that lasts a long time.
- Microphones take the sound we make and turn it into electrical signals. These signals get louder through a loudspeaker for everyone to hear.
- Loudspeakers change electrical energy into sound. They’re super important for events! Choosing the right loudspeaker depends on venue size, audience, and indoor/outdoor setup. It’s best handled by a sound rental expert.
- Subwoofers handle deep bass sounds regular speakers can’t manage. Small events might need only one, but bigger ones, like rock concerts, may need extras.
- Amplifiers are like the heart of a sound system, making small sounds big. The power they provide, measured in watts, affects the quality of the audio. Too little or too much can mess things up, so matching it to the venue size is crucial.
- Audio switchers let you change what the audience hears by switching between different sound inputs, which is useful for more complicated setups.
- Audio mixing consoles help sound technicians tweak and combine signals from various sources before sending them to the speakers. The number of inputs a console can manage depends on the event’s complexity.
To rent, or not to rent sound?
If your event place doesn’t come with its own sound setup, you’ll have to either buy or rent the sound gear. Buying professional audio setups can be super pricey, and handling them needs some technical expertise. So, renting from a full-service provider is probably your best bet.
Renting is a smart and pocket-friendly choice. It ensures your events have a top-notch sound that wows your audience. Remember, awesome sound is key to making live events unforgettable!